The Michigan Mathematics and Science Center Network (MMSCN), through a grant from the MiSTEM Advisory Council and code.org, is pleased to announce a professional learning opportunity to support AP Computer Science Principles and Computer Science Discoveries.
The grant will provide local schools with the following:
- Resources for teaching AP CSP or CS Discoveries in the fall of 2018
- A Sample AP CSP Course Audit (for AP CSP)
- Professional Learning for 100 AP CSP teachers and 100 CS Discoveries teachers throughout Michigan at no cost (Stipends for teachers are not included.)
- A complete curriculum from Code.org for the AP CSP Course or the CS Discoveries Course
- One week of lodging at the JW Marriott in Grand Rapids in July with breakfast, lunch, and all professional learning supplies at no cost.
Schools interested in taking advantage of this opportunity will be expected to have an AP CSP course or a CS Discoveries course on their school schedule for Fall, 2018.
Schools wanting more information on how to take advantage of this opportunity can visit our Michigan website at www.micoding.weebly.com
At this site, teachers who plan to apply should sign up to receive an application. Applications will be available in mid-January.
When teachers apply in January, they will be asked for evidence that their district is planning to offer an AP CSP course or a CS Discoveries course in the fall. For more information, click on the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page.
For more information visit: www.cmich.edu
Julie Cunningham, Director of the Center of Excellence in STEM