The Dow Chemical Company partners with United Way of Midland County to bring volunteers and organizations together to create a better life for all. They work to ensure that the impact of Dow volunteers continues to be aligned with community needs and Dow’s community success goals.
The United Way STEM & Corporate Volunteer Manager will be responsible for the promotion and attainment of volunteerism focused on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and traditional volunteerism within The Dow Chemical Company. The United Way of Midland County will facilitate the resources needed to link Dow employees with critical regional STEM and traditional volunteer needs in order to demonstrate Dow’s commitment to positively impacting lives through engaging employees, customers and communities.
General Services Provided to Dow
Reporting to the Director of Volunteer Engagement, and aligning with the objectives of the Dow Michigan Operations Public Affairs Manager, this role is responsible for:
- Support the Michigan Operations’ PA Manager in achievement of annual STEM and traditional volunteer engagement objectives
- Recruit, train and provide resources to Dow employee STEM Ambassadors
- Support and facilitate the Dow MI Operations STEM Ambassador Steering Committee
- Liaise with school districts and recruit teachers for teacher PD programs
- Develop relationships/partnerships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. diversity networks, site leadership, schools, colleges, customers, non-profits, professional organizations, etc.)
- Become a subject matter expert on Dow’s Cybergrants web-based volunteer engagement tool in order to train users, post opportunities, track results and communicate impact
- Speak on behalf of volunteerism within the company and the GLBR
- Coordinate and oversee placement for Dow employee board positions, and manage board database
- Specify, secure and assign essential resources for each volunteer project
- Implement a comprehensive recognition and appreciation program for individuals and teams
- Manage Dow’s STEM signature programs, including:
- You Be the Chemist
- FIRST Robotics
- Smithsonian Science Education Academies for Teachers (SSEATs)
- Systems Go! Rocket Course Mentors
- Science Fairs
- Work with the Dow MI Operations Public Affairs team to create a comprehensive communication plans around STEM and corporate volunteerism in the GLBR – internal/external communications tools, social media, traditional media, etc.
A Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Communications-related field is required. The successful candidate should have a strong working knowledge of the education system, excellent project management skills and the ability to develop and facilitate strong and effective relationships among diverse groups of stakeholders. Experience in measuring, tracking and evaluating programs for effectiveness would be a benefit. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a key part of this role.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org. →
- Junior High Math Teacher
- WIN Business Partnerships Coordinator – Saginaw/Bay Region