Nexteer is fast-tracking our vision into reality and growing new, profitable business – within and beyond industry borders.
The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with “real world” work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes, procedures, problems, resources, staff areas and people so that they become aware of the career opportunities at Nexteer Automotive. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity.
This position will allow the Student to assist with logistical activities for existing programs within the plant. Student would assist with several key logistical and supply management elements to ensure there is no interruption to assembly lines. In this position, the Student will have the opportunity to work with upper-level management and enhance their leadership skills. Student would be asked to complete other miscellaneous tasks as they arise.
- Develop Weekly Assembly Forecast (excel worksheet)
- Audit daily packaging slips and receivers for direct material, working with Supply Chain Shipping/Receiving Clerks.
- Organize, track and communicate carrier freight claims
- Organize, track and initiate supplier problem cases
- Work with Data Coordinator to resolve inventory variances relating to receiving issues.
- Assist assembly scheduler to distribute schedules to the plant
- Backup for Material Coordinators to purchase direct material
- Other Supply Chain projects as required
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel and good written/oral communication.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
- Must be studying at Delta College (enrolled in the ACE Co-Op Program) or Saginaw Valley State University, Northwood and U of M Flint
- If enrolled at SVSU, must be part of SVSU Co-op Program through Cardinal Career Network
- Must be a full-time Student (12 credit hours or more), studying Business or Supply Chain Logistics
- Must have the ability to work 20-32 hrs per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.nexteer.com/job/Saginaw-Plant-Production-Control-and-Logistics-Co-Op-MI-48601/475078200/ →
- Plant Production Control and Logistics Co-Op
- Engineering Co-Op Student