"We believe every generation in your family deserves extraordinary care."
The Medical Technologist demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant and the commitment to Extordinary care for Every Generation. This individual had documented training appropriate for the testing performed prior to analyzing patient specimens. Testing includes waived, moderate complexity; and those high complexity tests authorized by the Laboratory Medical Director. The training insures the skills required for proper specimen collection, handling and processing. This includes knowledge of laboratory procedures, proper instrument use, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration, a working knowledge of reagent stability and storage and ability to implement quality control policies. The individual possesses an awareness of the factors that influence test results and the skills required to assess and verify the validity of patient test results before reporting.
- Bachelors degree in laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited college/university with MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) CM certification within 1 year of hire.
- 6 months of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
- Technical knowledge, skills and abilities as they relate to the various areas of the clinical lab.
- LIS applications (i.e. Cerner applications and databases)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- To utilize independent judgment and work autonomously
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Constant sitting and near vision.
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent walking, handling, fingering, talking, hearing, midrange vision, depth perception, visual accommodation and color vision.
- Occasional lifing up to 100 lbs.
- Occasional standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting, reaching, feeling, far vision and field of vision.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://talentmanagement.chs-mi.com/ltm/CandidateSelfService/lm?_ln=JobSearchResults&_r=0&bto=com.lawson.apps.Recruiting.JobPosting_Manager&dataarea=ltm&name=PostingDisplay&service=form&webappname=CandidateSelfService&HROrganization=100&context.session.key.HROrganization=100&context.session.key.JobBoard=EXTERNAL&JobRequisition=6582&JobPosting=2 →
- Laboratory Information Technologist
- Facilities Engineer