Do something meaningful with your summer, get involved, take advantage of our resources and become an AMAZING faculty member too! Delta College Lifelong Learning Summer Camps is now accepting applications for faculty positions to develop and teach highly interactive and academic focused camps. The Lifelong Learning Summer Camps teaching positions are appointed on an enrollment-driven, as needed basis. Responsibilities include development of and teaching specialized and academic based camps, which includes face-to-face enriched learning with hands-on activities and projects.
It is our goal to maintain a high level of academic-based learning related to the specific interests of each camp allowing each camper to gain an extraordinary summer experience. We prefer individuals who are qualified to and have experience teaching youth in the K-12 system or College settings. Our reputation is based on the quality of instruction we provide to our campers and the ability to not only know the information, but to deliver it effectively. Faculty should be prepared to develop and deliver content using a variety of methods to meet the needs of young learners. Lectures should be complemented with other methods of instruction and hands-on activities. Applicants will be contacted on an as needed basis.
Popular camps we’re looking for:
Healthcare, Biology, Animals, Chemistry, Human Body, Computer Science & Coding, Engineering, Inventing, App Design, Environmental, Photography, Tech Trades and Manufacturing, Career Exploration, Leadership, and more!
What’s In It For You!
- You want to teach at a top college. You’ll find that at Delta. We’re one of the country’s leading community colleges – recognized for our innovation, our community leadership and our teaching excellence. We’re also known for caring about each student every step of the way.
- State-of-the-art facilities. At Delta College Technology is a big deal. That’s why we have the best facilities and technology out there – like a $20 million health wing renovation and $2.3 million in new skilled trades equipment to make sure our students know the latest techniques.
- It’s the perfect environment for learning. Known for its beautifully landscaped center garden, Delta has miles of nature paths, running and fitness trails, tennis courts, archery space, golf areas, and more.
- Close to Home. Less than a 15 minute commute from almost anywhere in the Great Lakes Bay Region – Delta’s main campus lies on 640 acres, almost midway between the three counties’ major cities – Saginaw, Bay City and Midland.
- Work Life Balance. At Delta, we believe having a good work life balance is important and we support that in a variety of ways. Summer Camps are held Mondays – Thursdays from 8:30am – 4:00pm, with Fridays off so you can earn extra cash and still have plenty of time with family and friends.
- The Delta Difference. Discounted rates for faculty on Summer Camp tuition and fees!
2018 Summer Camp Schedule:
Based on local school district closings and the Delta College calendar the Delta College LifeLong Learning Summer Camps are scheduled during the weeks of:
6/18-6/21/18; 6/25-6/28/18; 7/9-7/12/18; 7/16-7/19/18; 7/23-7/26/18
- Camp Length: typically 4 full days (Monday-Thursday), also offered 1-4 day and ½ day formats
- Grade Range: 2nd – 12th grades (targeting 5th- 8th grade ranges)
- Age Range: 7-18 years old (target age of 12 years old)
- Camp Size: 20 (faculty/camper ratio 1:20)
Check out highlights from the 2017 season here: Delta College Summer Camps
Camp Location: Nearly all of our camps are taught at the Delta College Main Campus. However, some camps are offered at off-site locations such as the Delta College Planetarium in Bay City, Michigan.
Camp Proposal Deadline – November 30, 2017
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with experience in related field
- Teaching experience
- State of Michigan K-12 Educator Certification
- Experienced faculty or adjunct of Higher Education
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://delta.peopleadmin.com/postings/3610 →
- Mathematics Teacher
- HR Recruitre