Dow is a company of innovators, believers and solutions providers.
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opening for a Lead Site Laboratory Information Technologist at the Midland, MI location. The purpose of this job is to provide Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and computing expertise for the manufacturing labs located in Dow’s Michigan Operations sites.
This role serves as a shared resource for a site or region to assist LIMS users with system installations, troubleshooting and upgrades. Works with site Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) users to improve effectiveness and utilization of the Laboratory Information Technology (LIT) systems in service.
• A minimum of 1 year lab experience.
• Strong leadership, versatility and decision-making capability in diverse and complex situations
• Initiative and foresight in identifying potential obstacles, as well as identifying resources to generate solutions
• Interpersonal Effectiveness in team environments, coupled with good written and oral communications skills
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills in order to multi-task
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills are necessary.
• An independent thinker with the ability to manage activities with competing priorities by using value assessment processes is also necessary.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Five or more years of analytical or quality related experience is advantageous.
• Three or more years of Information Technology experience desired.
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and software packages is preferred. Examples of typical software packages are: SampleManager, LIMS, OpenLab, ChemStation, SAP, SQL, Northwest Analytical and Visual Basic.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Information Systems and/or 4+ years of relevant military experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred such as Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar field.
- Two–Color Duplicator/Halm Jet Press Operator
- MED TECHNOLOGIST